LED Studio

Multi Award-Winning EDGE Series just got BETTER!

Posted by Kyal Cundall|18 Jan 2024

LED Studio is excited to announce the expansion of its critically acclaimed EDGE Series, introducing the new 54” EDGE Pro and 65” EDGE models at ISE, located at Booth 3S150.

These models feature innovative single die-cast cabinets, tailored to seamlessly replace common videowall LCD panel sizes. They offer enhanced environmental friendliness, boasting up to 40% less energy consumption compared to LCD panels. Additionally, these models simplify both installation and operation processes, making large scale LED displays more attainable and user-friendly.

The EDGE Series has also undergone significant technological advancements, now incorporating cutting-edge COB pixel technology. This not only further reduces energy usage, but also significantly elevates image quality.

V1 Architecture

LED Studio is on a mission to eradicate throwaway culture with its proprietary V1 Architecture within its EDGE Series. This cabinet infrastructure allows for the pixel technologies to evolve as technology progresses, with options for Flip Chip High Bright Common Cathode and traditional SMD and the latest addition to the pixel offerings Chip on Board (COB). During the upgrade, only 30% of the display undergoes replacement, preserving the remaining 70% in its original state. This approach reduces waste, enables accurate forecasts for future technology developments and maximises ROI. 

The addition of a Common Cathode driven pixels further enhances the EDGE Series sustainability credentials, making the 54” EDGE Pro a smarter and more eco-friendly choice for top tier fine pitch LED display applications.  LED Studio has ambitions to bring the benefits of COB to the 65” model later in 2024. 

What is Common Cathode Technology? Find out here.

54” EDGE Pro

The 54” EDGE Pro represents a significant advancement in the EDGE Series, featuring innovative COB MicroLED pixel technology. This new addition offers substantial energy-saving benefits compared to the conventional SMD pixel. Users will experience an impressive reduction in energy consumption, with savings of up to 40% compared to SMD pixels of the same pixel pitch and brightness. 

What is COB technology, and how can it reduce your display running costs? Find out here.

The CONNECT variant of the EDGE features direct HDMI connectivity, negating the need for send and receive cards and complex cable runs for a simple, single cable setup. Users can directly connect standard video output devices including PCs and media players directly to the display, simplifying setup and operation.  By presenting users with direct, quick and straightforward connectivity via the HDMI interface, content can be shared instantly and is intuitive to use.   

With pixel pitches from 0.62mm – 1.56mm available, the 54” EDGE Pro can deliver fixed resolutions or custom sizes, with the 0.65mm delivering 1080p in a single 54” cabinet! 4K at 108” and 8K at 216”.

The 54” EDGE Pro uses four times fewer internal components compared to traditional LED display 600x337.5mm cabinets. In addition to its energy-saving properties, it also reduces the amount of raw materials used during the manufacturing process, further adding to its eco-friendly credentials.

65” EDGE

The 65” EDGE is designed to reduce install time and complexity. A 1.5mm display delivers 1080p at 130” in a simple 2x2 cabinet array, 4K at 260” and 8K at 521”. 

All EDGE models offer two mounting methods, allowing them to be installed directly onto a load-bearing wall or hung on standard VESA mounts and existing LCD display infrastructure, speeding up installation.

Rob Bint, CEO at LED Studio says: 

“Enhancing sustainability and removing the complexity associated with LED display installations is at the heart of everything we do. Our ability to present an LED display with the option to choose from three advanced manufacturing technologies and various pixel pitches is a massive evolution in the LED industry"

"It is a significant turning point in a move towards a more sustainable display industry by protecting initial investments, reducing waste and supporting technology progression. The EDGE series is ideal for companies looking to make a genuine ESG commitment and replace outdated and power-hungry LCD screens or older LED dipslay's with a solution that offers not only visual benefits but eco-friendly ones too.”